Friday 24 February 2012

AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE IN IRELAND! - IRINA EYAM SITOKA



Hello!! I´m Irina, from Los Tilos School.
I´m 13 years old, and I would like to share my Irish experience with all of you.

My trip to Ireland began a simple school day in Los Tilos. I was in my English class, and my  teacher (Mrs. Helen), told us that we should go to Ireland, and she explained to us, that some students already went there, and learnt so much English and Irish culture. The moment I heard that, I just had one word in my mind: Cool!! I was so excited about the idea, and as I got home, I told that to my mum. She was interested about it, and me too, so that was great!! The days were passing, and my mum went to meetings about going to Ireland, and finally they told me that I was going to go!! That was AMAZING, as you can imagine.

Well, then they told me the details about my family: Tony Whittam, Victoria Whittam, Elisabeth Whittam, Joanna Whittam, Kathryn Whittam and David Whittam. They told me the name of my school too: Sancta Maria College, and they also gave me the details about the address (the house where I was going to live!!!) I was so excited, and I found out how my house would be like, in google maps.

The days were passing, and we had to prepare a lot of things, so my family and I, bought some clothes, because, they told us that it is so cold in there. The teachers gave us some homework too.

The last day of school was a little bit horrible, because I knew that I was going to miss everything, and some of my friends were crying... I was sad, but I was really happy at the same time.

We went to the airport, and… finally we were in Ireland!!! I remember that they took us to Rockbrook´s school, it was big and yellow. 


There, they gave us the school books. The books were very heavy. We were waiting there for our family. I was very nervous, because I didn’t know how my family would look like. Then my father Tony arrived and he helped me with my suitcases and the books, he was so nice!! Then I remember that he told me: Let’s meet the rest of my family! And I answered: ‘I´m so nervous’, and he answered back: ‘It´s okay’


I reached into the house, and it was very big and beautiful. When I reached first I just met David and Victoria. They were all talking to me, and showed me the house. Then, Elisabeth was so nice to me. Later, Kathryn arrived and, suddenly, Joanna too. And I realized that they had two pianos!!!!! That was one of my particular dreams, they were beautiful!!!

After that, we were having dinner, I gave them some African necklaces and bracelets, and I gave them some Spanish ham too. They really liked that. 

Well,the days were passing, and I went to my new school, I remember that Victoria went with me, because I had to know the way to school. She came with me the two first days. When I saw the school for the first time, my impression was good: it was big and beautiful, and the girls’ uniform was all red!!!

Well, then I remember that Mrs. Rowling helped us with everything, and told us the code of behaviour, and we had to choose subjects. I perfectly remember that I entered in the maths class and Mrs. Rowling introduced me to the rest of the class. There was a vacant sit next to a girl called Helen, and I sat there.

As the days were passing, I liked my family more and more everyday, but I missed my real family too. I liked my school but I still missed mine.

Every Saturday we had extra-English classes, and after that we always had some interesting and amazing excursions.


Kathryn and Joanna, made other of my dreams come true!! Guess what... They taught me how to play Bella’s Lullaby!! And David taught me how to do scales and how to put my hands on the piano.

The last days I bought some presents for my family and friends. I gave them a special card, saying thank you and more things, and I told them that they should open it when I´ll be back in Spain, and they did.

I still speak with them, we keep in touchWell, I loved this experience and I will repeat it next year if I have the possibility. Trust me, this is amazing! I will never forget this wonderful experience!

By IRINA EYAM SITOKA (2nd Year B)



2 comments:

  1. Irina, I loved reading about your experience in Ireland. I see that your English has improved a lot. It is very well written. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you loads!!We miss you!!I hope you are better.

      Delete