Saturday 11 February 2012

MY BALLET SLIPPERS



Our student Irene Rodríguez García (1st Year B) is sharing her presentation with us. Thanks for your brilliant work!

'Hello! My name is Irene and I'm going to speak about my prized possession. When I go home after school, I sometimes feel stressed, nervous... so after doing my homework and studying, I go to a dance academy from 7.30 to 9.30 on Wednesdays and 5.30 to 8.30 on Fridays. There, I dance ballet and give my dancing exams wearing my ballet slippers; they are my prized possession.

They weren't very expensive, they cost 40 euros. They are important for me because I love ballet, and because when I wear them I am taller! The tips are made of wood and the soles are made of leather. The rest of the slipper is made of a sort of fabric. They are pink and they are new. I have had these new ballet slippers since I started school this year. My mother, my friend Paula and her mother came with me to buy the slippers. It was a fantastic day!

My ballet slippers are special for me because when I come back home after my ballet lesson, I am calm. I feel relaxed when I dance. I hope that one day in the future I can dance very well wearing my ballet slippers!'

At the end of the presentation, Irene gave us a demonstration and we could apreciate the great ballerina she is!




1 comment:

  1. Great presentation Irene!!
    Hope you will be a fantastic dancer. Be yourself and enjoy.

    With love
    Your cousin "S"

    ReplyDelete