Friday 24 February 2012

MY EXPERIENCE IN IRELAND - LAURA GARCÍA BORREGUERO


I want to share my experience in Dublin with you. My family was very nice and I met a lot of people, for example I met friends in my school Rosemont, I met some neighbours and I met the whole family: cousin, aunts, granddad, etc. 




I did a lot of activities! Every Saturday, I went with Rockbrook to the aquatic park, to the shopping centre, we played golf, we visited some museums and we bought presents for our family and friends, we saw a famous garden in Dublin (the Powerscourt garden), and we also had a special class for the Spanish people. I had these special activities every Saturday with my Spanish friends.




I also spent some days out with my family meeting the grandad, the four cousins, the aunt, the uncle… I played some board games and Wii with my brothers Jacques and Christopher and with my sister Sarah. They were very nice, and we also visited Bay (the beach), went to the cinema or to the shopping centre.


I went to Rosemont school during the week. It was a good Irish school. I had a lot of subjects. I did my homework and then I did some exams and I passed them all with great marks: I got a nine, eight point seven, eight, another nine, and six point three. I met a lot of girls at school and now we keep speaking and sending emails because we are good friends.




There were some things different from Spain and difficult for me, for example the food. It is different because they don’t eat much and I had to tell my Irish mum to give me more food because I was so hungry! The timetables were very different too. I used to have breakfast at half past seven, a break at half past ten, lunch at twelve o´clock, a snack at four o’clock and dinner at half past six.
But it was a really great experience and I want to come back next year because it was fantastic!! If you have the opportunity of travelling to Ireland some day, just do it! I highly recommend it to you!!

By LAURA GARCIA BORREGUERO (2nd Year B)






1 comment:

  1. Laura, I am so happy that you could have such an amazing opportunity. I am sure that your English must have improved a lot! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete